Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

Today, I am full of gratitude for a multitude of things. I just want to write them all down so I won't forget.  
Joining Ann Voskamp in counting His graces for her Multitudes on Monday
I hope you'll join in if you haven't already!

1. I am thankful for grace shown to me in abundance by my Heavenly Father. Having royally made a mess of my life several years ago, I have seen the truest sense of redemption and restoration through His grace and mercy. I have lost everything and would do it again just to gain the peace that comes from a daily walk with Christ. The world may fall apart today, but there is peace in abundance through Him.
2. I am thankful for my wet nosed yorkie, Bella, who makes it her mission every morning to wake me with sweet nudges and a joyful spirit.

3. I am thankful for the gift that is my seven year old son, who challenges me daily to be better, live better, and seek God in how to raise him to be a good, well-rounded, God-seeking man.


4. I am thankful for a surprise email from my father, who severed our relationship 8 1/2 years ago. Just a few simple words remind me that God is still working on our relationship. Praise God! We may never reconcile completely on this side of Heaven, but I know God is still working.

5. I am thankful for the people in my small town, most of whom I don't even know their names, but I know their smiles. I love that so many pass by my office window everyday and wave and share a smile. Even when I am not looking, they tap the glass, to get my attention and share a smile. This makes me happy!

6. I am thankful for Christmas music...my new favorites this year are these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysek8oLpCU and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpHiAmL8-b0

7. I am thankful for the things that appear small, but bring great joy like...the red birds in my yard, the Christmas lights around town, the greetings of the people I see in the grocery store and the dollar store, comfortable shoes, and funny co-workers.

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for today. Have a beautiful day and don't forget to be thankful, too!


















No comments:

Post a Comment