This is my favorite time of year! I love it! Having a kid makes the holiday so much more special! Seeing the wonder and excitement in his face and sharing the real meaning of the holiday brings me so much joy!
Here are a few of my favorites this Christmas Season:
1. I heard this song on the KLove Christmas station on Itunes. I have listened to it at least a million times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekVOcpwC6u0
2. I discovered this blog yesterdayhttp://www.lillightomine.com/light-em-up-2011.php. What a great way to incorporate doing for others by doing the Light 'Em Up ideas.
3. This is the first year I have done Elf on a Shelf with Connor. O'Neil, our elf, "arrived this morning". Connor had a great time trying to find him. I have found some awesome ideas for O'Neil on Pinterest. I can't wait for tomorrow!
4. Wrapping presents is more of an art than a chore to me. I have the best time wrapping and creating bows and decorations to embellish the packages. I don't buy pre-made bows, because I enjoy making my own.
5. Mostly, my favorite part of this season is discovering all the ways I can create a Christ centered Christmas, as opposed to getting caught up in the commercialism that can easily distract from the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Here is one of the things I have framed for this year.
What are some of your favorite things this time of year?